The International Black Summit Network

Can someone start a school that focuses on History of the Blacks from Antiquity to the beginning of slavery?

This would re-build how we view ourselves. If I had the money and no how I'd do it of course I could learn how, but we need it NOW!

Views: 131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well we need our people to demand it. We don't have nobody to to teach or being truthful to talk about slavery for a long time im with u my brother it time it up to us .
Fam.

I will teach it! I just need an institution that will allow it. Any suggestions on that? I have been studying this topic for almost 20 years now. Trust me I can teach it, I taught overseas for quite some time. I have the exp. I just need that crust of bread and a corner to sleep in.

JERRY THOMAS said:
Well we need our people to demand it. We don't have nobody to to teach or being truthful to talk about slavery for a long time im with u my brother it time it up to us .
With the internet you could do it now. Remember Bethune College started with pies and Fisk Singers started with a chorus. I am willing to work with you ( I am a teacher with 30 years of educational experience and have taught every grade level, there is Claudy on this facebook who is looking at teachers getting together for dialoges. There is "No Out There` and as Malcom said `If not me then who, if not now, when?` What`s your answer?
Chekesha
Martinezgraduates@hotmail.com
Listen to the IBS Talkshow every Sunday at 8pm(est)
Show me where to start and I will leap forward. Let's do it.

Chekesha Showers said:
With the internet you could do it now. Remember Bethune College started with pies and Fisk Singers started with a chorus. I am willing to work with you ( I am a teacher with 30 years of educational experience and have taught every grade level, there is Claudy on this facebook who is looking at teachers getting together for dialoges. There is "No Out There` and as Malcom said `If not me then who, if not now, when?` What`s your answer?
Chekesha
Martinezgraduates@hotmail.com
Listen to the IBS Talkshow every Sunday at 8pm(est)
I agreed on that my brother but we all have to want to speak the truth on this issue long time over due. peace to u & family.
my e-mail is JTBlackman43@gmail.com- my name is jerry thomas
hotep, greetings,
I don't get on this site often, but as I did tonight I noticed this topic. It speaks to me because this is precisely what I have been thinking about the last few years. I have been teaching African history in public schools for 12 years. After, going thru the landmark forum I've been focusing on how to fit the forum and landmarl's technology for that matter into the framework of African history and culture. for me one of the most transforming experiences I have ever had was when I truly began to learn about my history and culture. One result was I stopped using the "N" word overnight. Another was I stopped using profanity on a regular basis and began to strive to reflect brotherhood to and with other Black men. This shift was gained without having any knowledge of landmark. But my stand is for the upliftment of the Black community. I want to know if that is also the focus, in whole or in part, of the IBS. If so, then it is time to pool our resources and create this school. Or, take over the school districts where we are a majority and put into effect what we need.
The bottom line is we know the solutions for our problems. We must get back to our standards.
Please check out Maafa21 Black Genocide in 21st Century America

They were stolen from their homes, locked in chains and taken across an ocean. And for more than 200 years, their blood and sweat would help to build the richest and most powerful nation the world has ever known.

But when slavery ended, their welcome was over. America's wealthy elite had decided it was time for them to disappear and they were not particular about how it might be done.

What you are about to see is that the plan these people set in motion 150 years ago is still being carried out today. So don't think that this is history. It is not. It is happening right here, and it's happening right now.

http://www.maafa21.com

Pass the word !
EXPOSE BLACK GENOCIDE :
The Maafa21 Must End!

Yes YOU Can, begin in your own neighborhoods....start small..book discussions, lectures, African American Studies Clubs, and after school programs or once a week program , or After Church Community Program with an emphasis in Afro-African Studies. The African Methodist Churches in more Ethnic neighborhoods have hosted "Rites of Passage Programs" thathyas the same focus...Education can happend anytime, in anyway that can be presented, stsrt small..start a Mutlitcultural Library in your home or in a small building and provide education classes there, apply for Grants to support your program as wellas fund raisers..Ihope to be able to do this in my own neighborhood, as I am a History Teacher of over 20 years who now finds myself unemployed due to the Depression and I wish to keep the education of African and African culture alive. Host a movies night with a small tlak after wards..use what you got and move from there...Mush Love to You and thehope you carry in your heart! Sis Teresa
Sis Teresa
Thank you for the response.
I am at the moment trying to figure out how to form a forum to bring up Christianity and the Black Community. As I see acceptance of who we are is a bit hung up on Christianity. Perhaps we could work on something like this together?? I truly believe that the struggle of our times, outside of Corporate person-hood, is Christiandome in the Black Community. It is a daunting task but this area of the black mind needs revolution as it has remained inside of the same box almost unchanged since it's introduction during slavery..... What do you think?

Teresa R said:
Yes YOU Can, begin in your own neighborhoods....start small..book discussions, lectures, African American Studies Clubs, and after school programs or once a week program , or After Church Community Program with an emphasis in Afro-African Studies. The African Methodist Churches in more Ethnic neighborhoods have hosted "Rites of Passage Programs" thathyas the same focus...Education can happend anytime, in anyway that can be presented, stsrt small..start a Mutlitcultural Library in your home or in a small building and provide education classes there, apply for Grants to support your program as wellas fund raisers..Ihope to be able to do this in my own neighborhood, as I am a History Teacher of over 20 years who now finds myself unemployed due to the Depression and I wish to keep the education of African and African culture alive. Host a movies night with a small tlak after wards..use what you got and move from there...Mush Love to You and thehope you carry in your heart! Sis Teresa
Bro Ron, sorry I am a terrible typist, but great that you got the gist of my intentions! I tend to stay far away from Religious discussions in the Afro-centric community as there has been along history of our afro-centricity and slavery adopted christian religion, the library is repleat with books on the development of Christinaity originally arising out of Africa, and the African People spread Chrisitanity in its true form exemplified by the Coptic Christians in Ethiopia, the Catholic church was an off shoot diversion for the Non Africans (Romans) who broke away from the pure christanity, not to forget the Black Jews, and Muslims...all orginated from an afro-centric view.....
Practically, I beleive you can invent a page for Afrocentricity and Christianity but the larger question becomes...whose Christanity,,,as Black Folk in their own local churches do not often form a cohesive think- mindset on how to best expand its consciouness beyond the insidious slavery and myscogynistic mentality and opressive genetics inheirant in African American Christian experience... A daunting Task ooh yeah, but a venture worh looking at! Anyway I can add to the conversation that helps to open our collective eyes...and redefining our expereince..I am in!

Sister Ami -Teresa
Hey Sis!

Well perhaps you can help me focus my own thoughts thus helping me construct the instrument I will use to address the Christian diaspora. I don't want to convert people to some other religion. However I do want my community to start thinking more critically about the things we accept as nutrition. I have adhd and find it difficult to conceptualize a venue or something to address this issue within a compassionate context. Any help you can provide would be most helpful. I will be living for China on or around the 1st of September and will try to put this issue in an international context as well, thus bringing my community into contact with China or Asia in general as I move around a lot in this area. Perhaps you can find some use for me whilst there. If you extend a hand I will without a doubt lift as I climb. We desperately need to network across Asian boarders as our futures depend on it We have no real representation there yet we do more business by default with China than almost anyone. So we can save ourselves time, money and energy by cutting out the middleman. I will be the Premier African American Contact....Ambassador...etc. Keep me in mind. My typing is all bad as well so please forgive any mistakes. Thanks.

All the best,
Ron

Teresa R said:
Bro Ron, sorry I am a terrible typist, but great that you got the gist of my intentions! I tend to stay far away from Religious discussions in the Afro-centric community as there has been along history of our afro-centricity and slavery adopted christian religion, the library is repleat with books on the development of Christinaity originally arising out of Africa, and the African People spread Chrisitanity in its true form exemplified by the Coptic Christians in Ethiopia, the Catholic church was an off shoot diversion for the Non Africans (Romans) who broke away from the pure christanity, not to forget the Black Jews, and Muslims...all orginated from an afro-centric view.....
Practically, I beleive you can invent a page for Afrocentricity and Christianity but the larger question becomes...whose Christanity,,,as Black Folk in their own local churches do not often form a cohesive think- mindset on how to best expand its consciouness beyond the insidious slavery and myscogynistic mentality and opressive genetics inheirant in African American Christian experience... A daunting Task ooh yeah, but a venture worh looking at! Anyway I can add to the conversation that helps to open our collective eyes...and redefining our expereince..I am in!

Sister Ami -Teresa

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Summit Support Program

Help Fund the Expansion of the International Black Summit!!!

Click Here to Contribute Now!

IBS Declaration

YOUTH Scholarship(s)

YOUTH, ages 8-17, may request financial assistance to attend the Prerequisite and/or the Annual Summit Event. Click link below to download an application.

J. K. Young Memorial Scholarship Fund

Latest Activity

william johnson updated their profile
Mar 18
william johnson is now a member of The International Black Summit Network
Mar 18
David Ulysses Peay posted a status
"getting ready to launch our newest call, A Call to Action: Realizing Your Vision for The Black Community and The World"! Come join us!"
Apr 27, 2022
Shakira Abdul-Ali updated their profile
Aug 9, 2021
Kamal Imani liked Kamal Imani's video
Jul 24, 2021
Kamal Imani posted a video

S1,S2 Love and Chit Chat Do we blame our relationship failures on Post Traumatic Slavery Syndrome?

Are our failures due to Post Traumatic Slavery Syndrome or Irresponsibility?The Love and Chit Chat Panel Speaks!#loveandchitchat #relationships #dating #advi...
Jul 24, 2021
Kamal Imani posted a video

SHOMBAY THE TRAINER - IN FITNESS AND IN HEALTH-BROTHERS GONNA WORK IT OUT

Brother Shombay The Trainer breaks down many concepts that will keep you healthy. Enjoy our conversation about Health with Shombay the Trainer! (Brothers Gon...
Nov 2, 2020
KWASI Akyeampong updated their profile
Jul 8, 2020

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by International Black Summit, Inc.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service